Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I can't believe that it has been 18 months!!!!



Hola,
It has been another great week in Mexico.  I cant believe that it has been 18 months.  Its like the last leg of the 400 meters. ha ha but I am excited and ready to do all that I can to endure to the end.
This week was super cool!!  We were so busy teaching people that I didn't even have time to buy bread because we where running from appointment to appointment.  I hope I can buy bread now that its preparation day.
This week we found a really cool old man named Andres. I would think he is 60 years old by the way he looks but he is really 80 something.  He has known about the church for some 40 years now but just barely is opening up his heart to listen to the missionaries.  He is not even a member and he wants us to talk with all of his children and grandchildren.  We have no problem with that.
We had Stake Conference this week.  All the missionaries say that I am the most popular guy in the stake cause of all the people that knew me.  After the conference  we needed to leave but a ton of people, converts and members, came up to me and wouldn't let me through so we could leave.  I guess that is what happens after serving in the same stake for 18 months. ha ha.  I have also worked in every ward in the stake through intercambios (exchanges).  I had intercambios with Olivos Ward this week which was the only ward where I hadn't worked, but its cool to get to know all these people.
Two of my converts received the melquisedec (I don't know how you spell that in English) priesthood (It's spelled Melchizedek.  His spelling was bad before he left...  I cant imagine how it's going to be at the end of two years).  It was super cool.  The Conference was over satellite transmission from Salt Lake and Elder Scott spoke to us.  It was super cool.  He talked about temples and strengthening the family.
It is the last week with my companion so I am going to help him endure to the end.  It is going to be a super awesome week.  I will let you know everything that happens next week. My companion is going home a week early for thanksgiving but the changes arent until two weeks so I will probably be in a trio next week. So I might write on monday or on tuesday, I will find out sunday.  I love you all have an awesome week.
Con Muchísimo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell