Monday, January 16, 2012

Searching for King Lamoni

Hola,
 
It has been a great week here.  Thanks for the talk of Elder Holland, it was inspiring and made me want to work harder.  There has been a lot of rain this week, which means we are always wet because we are not inside teaching lessons as much as I would like to be.  But we did lots of service this week.  We helped a person clean their taco stand.  Helped a person clean their truck. Helped another person clean their bathroom.  Lots of stuff ha ha. I'm still trying to find my "King Lamoni" but still no luck.
 
We had a lesson with one of our investigators the other night.  His sons are all members, one is a returned missionary, but the investigator still has doubts.  He told us he had a dream about two donkeys, and he was taking a shower and couldn't get clean because one of the donkeys wasn't tied to a tree.  In his dream he said he thought shower was like baptism, and the donkeys represented the church of Christ and all the others, because that was what he was reading about before he went to bed.  He believes I should be able to interpret his dream.  He calls me Jose (like Joseph of Egypt) because I am a foreigner who interprets his dreams, I don't think he knows that is my real name!! ha ha ha.
 
Speaking of dreams I had a dream that one of our investigators Juan put a baptismal date for the 26. But I kept it in the back of my mind until Sunday when we saw Juan at church.  He sat next to me and during one of the talks during sacrament meeting I said "How do you feel about the 26th for your baptism." he said, "ya, I have been thinking about that, what do I need to do to get baptized"  It was pretty wild.  my companion and I were both a little shocked, but it was cool.
 
I hope you are feeling better after your surgery dad.   I hope you all are doing well.
 
Con mucho Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell