Monday, June 11, 2012

Transferred!!!!!

Hola,
Wow, what a week down here!! It has been pretty hot.  This week I learned the importance of following the spirit as well as why we should not drink Unpasteurized milk.  I am being transferred from this area tomorrow.  I feel like I just got here.  I got called to Constitucion as Zone Leader of Iztapalapa (ha ha I thought I was finally going to leave Iztapalapa, guess not)... Constitucion is right next to Quetzal, my first area, so I imagine it should be pretty similar.  My companion is Elder Rios, I have known him for a while he is from Jalapa Veracruz and likes American football so I think we will get along all right.  So from now on my preparation days will be on Tuesdays because we have to go to the offices for meetings on Monday.
 
I am glad to here that you guys had a great anniversary.  You are the best parents ever and I love you both a ton.
 
This week we found a family who is super awesome.  Aldo is our age and has already read the whole gospel principles book and wants to get baptized, his Mom and Brothers do too.  His dad doesn't believe in God, he is atheist...It has been really interesting teaching him.  The first time I met him I felt like Ammon and King Lamoni when they found the Dad of King Lamoni (a little crazy).  Slowly but surely the Dad of Aldo is opening up his heart, I hope he will be able to come to church next week.  I am kind of bummed that I have to leave my investigators but, its part of the game.
 
We found another family this week, with a lot of problems and it has been interesting on how every member of the family is drawn to a different aspect of the Gospel.  When we taught them how to pray the Mom was so excited!  She said that she really wanted to learn to pray with her heart and not just recite a written prayer.  She was so grateful for the opportunity to pray.  It made me grateful for the opportunity to pray..  I have been praying all of my life since I can remember, but it is really a huge blessing that we should always keep in mind.
 
No there are no rules against sending recorders so feel free to send it.  And shirts too please because now I have less time then before (ugh) but its all good.   If you could send me some DVDs of conference talks that would be super cool, if not that's all  good.
 
I love you all a ton and am glad to hear you are doing well.  I should be able to send you some awesome pictures of our fish barbecue,  I am now an expert Lobster cooker! I will have to show you when I get back (where they got the lobsters I am still not sure)
 
Con Muchismo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell