Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Answers to your questions!!!


Hola,
It has been an awesome week here in Mexico.  It has been a week that has really strengthened my faith.  We had our zone training meeting on Tuesday and it went super well.  Everyone left super excited and since then we have been doing all that we can to keep up the excitement.
Me and my companion put goals to pray and pray and pray.  In everything we do to ask the help of the Lord, and I have seen the hand of the Lord in this week perhaps more than any other time in my entire life.

We had miracles in everything from contacts in the street or on the bus, to investigators telling us they want to get baptized, to helping people who have major doubts about the gospel.
The ward is super excited too and they are helping us a ton.  This last week we received a referral of a family of 4 and they are awesome and they have a smoothie stand and give us free smoothies!  I'm glad I get to meet such cool people on my mission.


OK family, answer to your questions:

1.    Do you miss eating cereal and what kind do you miss? Janaye
I miss captain crunch,  but now I eat oatmeal or cornflakes because I am a poor missionary ha ha

2.    What goodies do you miss? mom
I miss soft cookies, all the cookies here are hard

3.    How do you do your laundry? Dad
A lady in our ward does our laundry, but this has been the only ward where this has happened

4.    Do you have hot water? Dave
we have 30 of hot water before the power goes out and then we have cold water because we have an electric water heater

5.    Do you get to play the piano? Dave
Sometimes at church or while our investigators are being interviewed for baptism. but not as much as I would like

6.    Have you gotten more ties? Dal
No, I only have about seven ties.  I will buy one but then I will give it away the next week.  I only keep the gift ties that people or missionaries give me

7.    What is the hottest its been while you have been there and the scariest storm? Tom
its been almost 50 grados (Celsius, I don't know in Fahrenheit).  The weather is pretty calm, usually no big storms.

8.    Do you walk everywhere? Dad
We walk or take the metro to the offices or a bus to the other side of the zone, if it is to one of the other Churches we take a micro (micro buss-very uncomfortable, made for Mexicans not for Fuells) and when we go to mirasoles we take a cumbi which is a hippie van filled with sweaty people. but when we are in my area we walk because it is so small

9.    When you do entercambios (exchanges), do you stay the night at the other missionaries apartment? mom
yes, the intercambios last 24 hrs.  I like sleeping in my own bed, but intercambios are almost always really fun.

10. What is the best food you have eaten while you've been gone? Dad
my favorite foods are pozole, tacos de pastor, mole, torta tamales.  I haven't eaten anything that I didn't like

11. Are you allowed to drink soda--caffeine? Dal
We are not aloud to drink coke and that is the only caffeinated drink that I have seen in Mexico City

12. Who cuts your hair? Mom
We go to a hair cutting school, they cut our hair for free, but it takes an hour, you would think they are doing brain surgery or something like that ha ha.  I usually don't like how it looks so I have to make corrections with scissors in the bathroom when we get home.

13. What will you miss most about Mexico? Kate
The people, and the food, the colors

14. What do you miss most about Utah (home)? Kate
My family, spaghetti, the mountains.

15. What is your best thing to do on P-day? Janaye
I like to go to museums, write letters, watch church videos

16. What is your favorite plant in Mexico? Tom
there are these trees that have these really cool pink and orange spikey flowers they are pretty cool.  I like all of the plants that produce fruit

17. Do you get to call more for appointments or do you have to just go to the appointment? Dave
Nope we just go to the appointment and if they're not there we call them

18. Do you get the chance to go to Primary? Mom
I went to primary one time.  We shared our testimonies and taught them how to be missionaries, afterwards they all drew pictures for us.  I still have all the pics

19. Do you like your apartment? Dal
Oh yeah, we do have a problem with slugs and BIG cockroaches getting in but other than that it is one of the best places I have lived in.

20. What is your favorite primary hymn in Spanish? Mom
Probably "llevar al mundo la verdad" its my favorite, I always sing it with the little kids.

I love you all a ton
Con Muchisimo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell