Monday, January 14, 2013

Sacrament meeting was full

Hola,
It has been a great week here in Mexico, and the weather is still nice.  It has been pretty fun with my new companion Elder Carver, he is from Plain City Utah.  He has 6 months in the mission and I have been helping him a lot with his Spanish and things are going great and I am sure that we will have a very successful month.  
 
Not a lot happened this week because I was in meetings all week, a little boring, but really inspiring.  We did find a new investigator this week, her name is Alicia Balderas.  She is very cool and has accepted everything really well.  She has a lot of problems with her family so she is looking for relief in Christ, and until now all the lessons that we have had have been pretty great.
 
We had a ton of less-active people that came to church yesterday, which was awesome because we have been visiting a lot with them so it was great to see them all there at the church.  The sacrament meeting hasn't been this full for a long time.
 
This week during our meeting with our ward mission leader he told us that he was going to be released.  He has been the best ward mission leader that I have had during my whole mission and when he said that I almost cried.  He is going to be first councilor in the the Elders Quorum presidency.  So that is still good, he will be still be able to go with us to appointments and work with us on the retention side of the missionary work.
 
This week has really tested me in many levels and I am grateful for the opportunity to have trials and problems that come up in my life because they teach me to rely on the Lord more.  Its during times like those when one feels closer to the Lord.  Thanks for everything glad to hear that you are all doing well.
 
Con Muchísimo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell