Monday, January 7, 2013

Amazing discusson this week


Joe with Elder Rios and a family who was baptized

Hola,
It has been another great week in Mexico.  It is cold here where we are writing and my fingers cant move very fast but I will do my best. ha ha.  Big news: we have cambios (companion changes).  I am kind of bummed because I really have enjoyed working with Elder Chronister.  We  have had a lot of success together and a lot of fun.  We both thought that we would have one more cambio and were a little bit shocked at the changes.  I will be staying here in Iztacalco.  I have been reassigned to be the new district leader here.  It will be a lot different from last time I was a district leader (a lot bigger district in an upper class area) but I am really excited to give it my all.  My new companion is going to be Elder Carver.  He has 6 months in the mission and has trouble with his Spanish.  So we will be working on that a bit.  He is from Ogden or somewhere close to that.  I have been on intercambios (exchanges) with him one time and we did great together so I bet this will be an awesome cambio.

We eat Rosca every 6 of January to celebrate Christmas still.  Rosca is like a cake that they put little plastic baby Jesus´s in.  If you find one in your cake you have to bring Tamales on the 2 of February.  I got three in my Rosco this year.  It was kind of ridiculous ha ha but it was fun.

My companion had  surgery on his toe this week because of an ingrown toenail so we had to take it easy.  He was super scared.  When the doctor pulled out the shot he turned pale and started sweating a ton.  But it is healing well.  Its always fun to talk with Doctor Ruiz. We always swap stories from the OR ha ha.

We are teaching an older couple,  the family Othamendi.  They are awesome!! We had an amazing lesson with them this week on the Restoration and about Joseph Smith,  They have been taught by the missionaries for a while but really never understood what the missionaries where teaching.  We had an awesome lesson and the spirit was super strong.  While I testified of the first vision, I felt the spirit so strongly.  I did not see what Joseph Smith saw, but I felt what he felt.  They are now reading the Book of Mormon everyday since that visit and they came to church.  It makes sense to them about Christ visiting the Americas and talking to prophets here.

I am glad to hear that you are all doing well.  I am glad to hear that you all had a great New Years and a great time up in Logan.  You are all the best.  Have a great week.

Con Muchísimo amor,
Elder Joe Fuell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell