Monday, March 18, 2013

Last Transfer!!!

Hola,
It has been a great and crazy week here in Mexico.  I have transfers!  I have never predicted my transfers before but this time I did,  I will be opening up the area Nativitas which is one of the richest areas in the mission, but it is really small.  We meet in the church of Emrita which is one of the oldest  LDS churches here in Mexico.  I saw some pictures with George Albert Smith their more than 50 years ago.   This is going to be super crazy.  I will also be helping out the new District Leader, Elder Escobedo.  President says that he has never been a district leader before and he wants me to teach him how to be one of the best.  I am pretty stoked.  Because the area is closed I have had all the keys and stuff, so I am going to move in all my stuff at 1:00 in the afternoon.
I am a little bummed that I wont be here for all the baptisms that we have coming up.  We are going to have 3 this week, but its all good.  It was an amazing experience just to be here and teach them and see them progress to this point.  I am really going to miss Iztacalco (or as I always called it, BautIztacalco, ja ja- Mexican joke).  I have made a lot of friends here and I will miss them. 

We went with Julio in the morning and he started crying which made me cry, but it will be cool because I will still get to see him and all my other converts at stake conference and general conference.

One of the things I was most grateful for in Iztacalco was the opportunity to work with Elder Carver.  He was one of my most difficult companions but he has changed so much,  and so have I.  We used to argue over stupid stuff almost everyday and we had a really hard time working together, but this last week was great and we worked together really well.  I think I have learned more about how to work with others with him than any other companion.  I really think that we learn more when life is more difficult.  I will miss him and the area but I am looking forward to lighting up Natavitas.  I love you all so much, thanks for your letter and I will write you all next week.
Con Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell