Monday, December 12, 2011

Earthquake!!!!

Hola,
It has been another great week here in Mexico,  We are working hard.  Yes, we felt the earthquake, it was crazy!! We were with a family who had a bunch of little kids and when it started shaking we got them all out of the house, they were all crying.  It felt like we were on a boat.  It was pretty wild. 
 
The temple was awesome, even in a different language, I loved it.  The Mexico City temple is really cool, it is different than others I have been to, Its now one of my new favorites.  It was really cool with all the missionaries.  I got to see Elder Poston, my companion in the MTC.  I hadn't seen him for about 5 months, and it was really cool, to catch up on all the cool experiences that we have had.
 
The work has been really hard.  This was a better week, but we still aren't seeing very many baptisms.  Elder Luna thinks the president is going to close this area after this transfer,  I hope not, I love this area.  We found a lot of new people this week,  We have been contacting like crazy but it is till difficult.  The president told me and my companion to be patient and diligent and we would have success.
 
I am glad to hear all of your basketball teams are doing well this year.  No I haven't received any packages, probably here soon.    I will call on the 25th, just let me know what time you want me to call, and the time difference between here and there. We have 45 minuets for the call.  I have church at 930, but other than that, we are still trying to figure out how to be productive Christmas day (because here everyone is drunk or will be hung over).
 
Today is the day of the virgin of Gaudalupe, which means that there were fireworks all night long, and there will be fireworks all night long tonight.  Which is fine for me, because I can sleep through it, but my companion is not a deep sleeper like me.
 
I put a baptismal date for one of our investigators on Saturday. Its not until January, and I might not be here, but I am happy that he accepted and is working towards baptism. 
I am glad to hear everything is going well, I love you all, I sent some pics, I don't know if you have these or not.
 
Con muchismo amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell