Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I love sharing this great message!!

Hola,
Things are great here in Mexico.  I love being a missionary and having the opportunity to share the gospel with others, It is such a great message.  You think people would be more receptive to hear our message in the holiday season, but everyone is too busy trying to "Prepare there homes, to receive Christ", and just like the story of the nativity, they don't let us in, not knowing how great a thing they had rejected.  In Mexico city, a lot of people work here or go to school here, but have family somewhere else, so right now there are a ton less people in the streets than normal.  But despite all of this, I will not lose faith.  Elder Luna said he was tired of my positivity and wanted me to cry with him (sarcasm, although there might have been some truth to his words) But we kept working and found this really great lady named Maria Rena.

Maria Rena was a freak contact in the streets, I don't even remember how it happened, it was just weird, but she invited us to her house and gave us some water, and we gave her a pamphlet of the plan of salvation.  Our next appointment, she told us how the pamphlet had resolved all her doubts and she almost cried when she was reading it.  So we made another appointment, taught about the Restoration and put a baptismal date.  She wanted to get baptized as soon as possible, so we put a baptismal date for Christmas and she agreed.  While she said the closing prayer, my companion and I both wept, because we knew that the lord had answered our prayers.  Elder Luna said he has never had a baptism so easy in his mission. . . . but then tragedy struck . . .  she wasn't able to make it to church on Sunday because she was really sick (glad she is feeling a little bit better today), so we wont be able to baptize her until the first, and one of us will be gone.  But I still consider it a huge miracle.

We got your package, and I received a card from Grandma Frei. Thank you, they both were awesome.  Hopefully I will receive the other stuff soon, I will let you know when they come in (and write letters personally to each and everyone of you telling you how much I love you). I loved the Christmas tree with all of your pictures, you all look way different.  I am a little scared to come home because I fear I wont recognize any of you.  Elder Luna loved his shirt and told me to thank you guys.(p.s. he really liked the shirt).

I don't know what else to talk about, but I am looking forward to talking with you all this Sunday.  We don't have any plans for Christmas eve or Christmas, just work.  I'm thinking it might be a little difficult, but we found a Buddhist this week, so maybe we can meet with him.  I love you all, you are in my prayers,

Con muchismo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell