Monday, February 27, 2012

I can't stop smiling :)

Hola,
Wow, it has been one of the greatest weeks of my mission, and one the greatest of my life.  There wasn't anything that huge that happened now that I look back on it, just those everyday miracles that make me happy to be a missionary.
Ayala Baptism
We had the baptism of hermano Ayala, he has changed so much since the day I first met him.  He was the first person I met when I came to this new area and at the time he wasn't an investigator and wasn't interested in being an investigator.  Now he is excited to do all that he can to go to the temple and be married with his wife for eternity.  First we need to baptize his wife but I have a feeling that we will be baptizing her within the coming weeks.  Last night we visited with him and he was telling us how he was trying to be so good and not cuss ha ha.
We found a lot of new investigators this week.  I always love teaching people for the first time it is great to get to know them and show them how the gospel can help them in their lives.
I have been so happy, because we are working, I cant stop smiling, (not that I was frowning before) but that the work here is just so awesome!  Elder Perez and I have been trying to teach with lots of energy and enthusiasm and I think the people can feel it.  We received six referrals from the ward this week which is awesome because it shows that the ward trusts us.  when I look back on it I cant think of a bad thing that happened this week.
We had an experience with one of our investigators.  Her name is Josefa.  She is an old lady who has been an investigator for a really long time, she said she feels like God doesn't love her because He doesn't answer her prayers.  We had this lesson with her this week, and I don't remember exactly what happened or what we said, or rather what the spirit said to her, but she began to cry.  She told us that she believes that we have the power of God because she can feel it when we come in her home.  She asked if we could give her a blessing because she has a lot of pain in her foot and this could help her come to church.  We asked if we could fast with her and give her a blessing the next day.
The next day we gave her a blessing, it was a simple, but we all felt the spirit really strongly.  She said that she felt really emotional and with tears of joy she said "I know my heavenly father loves me".  It was really cool, what a blessing it is to know these simple truths.
Everything is great here.  We are looking forward to another great week in Ixtla.
Dall- what is your recipe for pizza dough.  Elder Campbell?  I will keep my eyes open for him.
I love you all.  Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Con muchismo Amor,
A favorite quote of Joe's from Nacho Libre:   They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do!
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell