Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A week full of exchanges (pics!!!)



Hola,
It has been a great week here in Mexico.  A lot has been going on and we have been super busy.  Since the mission president said that we need to do intercambios(missionary exchanges) 3 times a week, it has been super hectic, almost every night I am sleeping on the floor of someones house, but it is really fun and I am having a blast.

I am so glad to hear that Kate got a job and has finally gets to sink into a routine.  That job sounds awesome for her.  I know she will do great.

So the first intercambio we went on this week was with Elder Frazier.  This was cool because he is a new missionary from the U.S..  In all my time here I have never talked with a new missionary from the U.S.
They always go to the other side of the mission.  Maybe that's why I still feel like I don't have a lot of time in the mission.  It was really fun.  It made me think back to when I was a new missionary.  But he did awesome, we taught some great lessons, and his Spanish is coming along really well.

The other intercamibo I went on was with the Elders of the Iztapalapa ward.  I loved working there.  The area was twice the size of my first area and it was full of people.  I had a blast because we were finding and teaching people all day long.  I love getting to work with the other Elders and with their wards. When we were in Iztapalapa that day we focused a lot on working with members and did everything we could to get their support.  It was a little hard because the missionary's weren't working with the members before,but I hope to see some real progress form that area.

The other intercambio was with the assistants, that was a lot of fun. Usually I go with Elder Bodine.  We are pretty good friends but this time I went with Elder Black and it was really cool because I had never worked with him before.  We had some great lessons here in the area and I don't know how we made it to the district meetings because we left 40 minuets late but somehow the Lord got us through all the traffic.

We are teaching a bunch of training sessions too so between the two training sessions we had this week and all the intercambios, we have really learned to organize our time . . .  or we are learning to organize our time.
But even with all the craziness that is going on we still have time to see many miracles here in Consititution.  Brenda Alakala one of our investigators is going to get baptized.  She is one of the best examples to me of repentance which I believe is one of the greatest miracles of all.  Even though she hasn't been able to get baptized for the last couple weeks she does not give up hope and she knows what is important in her life.



That's just about it, keep me posted on Uncle Dales surgery.  I am glad to hear you are all doing well. have a great week.
Con Muchisimo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell





Joe and his companion Elder Brito on their day off dressing like Vaqueros

Goofing off on their day off-Elder Fuell and Elder Brito

Cooking Lobster

Lobster

Cooking Lobster

Joe and Elder Rios fixing their shower

Unwinding after a long day

Got it!!!

Eating breakfast in our apartment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell