Monday, September 3, 2012

Lessons of life!!!

Hola,
It has been a great but busy week here in Mexico.
Elder Rios and I have been up to our ears in work. . .  but I guess that is a good thing ha ha.  We were both a little bummed to here that he has changes and is going to go to the zone Contreras, which is really far away with Elder Hubbard.  My new companion is Elder Stauffer, I know him a little bit but just in passing.  I hope he is ready to work because we are booked for almost the next two weeks!

Elder Fuell with some Elders in the Zone

When I look back at this week it seems like most of the time we where stopped in traffic, blah! We took advantage of the opportunity to contact people on the bus but they were all grumpy because of the traffic.  We did get some pretty funny responses, but a lot of people listened to us because they had nothing better to do and we got to referrals.
Oh!  This morning I found a taratula (big spider) in the kitchen, it was a baby, but it was still huge, but I know if there is a baby the mama is somewhere close.  I still haven't found anything but I will let you know if anything happens,  If I don't write next week you´ll know that the spider ate me :(  ja jaja
Elder Rios and I are always the ones teaching the lessons but sometimes we come out of the lesson realizing we were the ones being taught.  Theses are what we call lessons of life.  This week we found a member who had been in the hospital in a coma,  she needed a blood transfusion and sent her brother who was a non member to a church to ask for the blood.  No one offered any and no one went to visit her in the hospital and no one had given her a blessing.  It broke our hearts to see how this sister was suffering.  We gave her a blessing and talked to some members who went and visited her.

I learned a lot of things from this experience but more than anything else I learned that there is always someone who needs our help.  The Savior was always helping everyone and we need to follow his example and do the same.  I am glad to hear that you are all doing good and I hope that you have a great labor day.
Con Muchismo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell