Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I know that this is His work!



It was a great week here in Mexico. I learned a lot this week about a lot of stuff and although my body is a little tired my heart and my spirit are still working at 100%.  Let me know how everything goes with Uncle Dales surgery.  He is in my prayers.

That is pretty cool that you are all getting ready with your homecoming stuff.  That brings back a lot of fun memories for me.  There is nothing like fall time in Utah.  You'll have to send me pics of all the fun stuff that's going on right now.

I got your package, what a surprise, I didn't even know you sent one!  Thanks a ton, I love the cereal and the soft cookies!!  My companion was super excited too because we don't ever eat soft cookies down here.
This week I went on intercambios with Elder Padilla from the Yucatan.  He can talk Maya.  He taught me some phrases that I can use with my Bishop and his wife because they are Mayan.... like "vash cow wa li sukum" translation: Whats up brother?  and Kik, ta ki hana wi hen.   Translation:  Sister, I am hungry, feed me please!!  These have proven to be very useful with the family of the bishop ha ha.
I also had an awesome experience this week when I went on intercamibos in Oriente, which is on the other side of Quetzal.  I knew that the sister of a person we are going to baptize in October (Elizabeth and Bryon) lives there in Oriente, but I didn't know where so I just forgot about it.  Then during the day when we were working there,  an appointment fell through so I felt I should knock a door, and you will never guessed who opened it,  Sofia the sister of Elizabeth.  She recognized me from meeting with her sister and said she wanted to talk to us because everyone she knew "is" or "is becoming" Mormon, so she wanted to know a little bit about us.  We put a baptismal date  for October and she is super excited.  I know that the Lord guides us to the people who are ready.

Sometimes with all this hectic running around doing intercambios helping the elders I am lost, and I feel like I don't know what I should do, and I have seen that if I say a quick prayer and turn to the scriptures I find my answer.  One time this week I opened up an old Liahona magazine and I found the same scripture five times in the magazine.  I know that the Lord talks to us through His scriptures and through His spirit and that this is His work.  I am extremely blessed to have the opportunity to serve.

The mission president is cool if you guys want to come pick me up, if not, its all good too.  Its not that dangerous as long as we are indoors by nine.
Joe decided to do some water coloring and painted the first vision.  He is really proud of it.

I love you all and hope you have an awesome week,
Con Muchisimo Amor,
Elder Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell