Monday, April 9, 2012

Semana Santa (Holy Week)

Hola,
It has been quite the week down here in Mexico,  I still haven't received the package, hopefully I will receive it within the coming week.  Yes Katie, there was another earthquake last Monday when you wrote me, but we didn't feel it again because we were on the bus.  ha ha it is funny how that works. 
 
This week was Semana Santa (Holy Week), which is like Easter only they make it a week long.  It was pretty tough, because everyone was out of town.  What they do here. . .  shoot!!! I just got called by the zone leaders, we have special changes (transfers), my companion Elder Sweetin is going to Xochimilco, which just really stinks because we were working super hard and gaining success.  I guess that is what the Lord wants right now. Anyway, super bummed for the change...
 
Back to what I was saying..... but what they do here is the take some guy and he carries a cross to this big hill and they reinact the crucifiction.  Its pretty crazy around here.
 
Easter was good!  It was awesome to focus on the Lord and his Resurrection.  Birthday was good. 
Elder Sweetin and i went to McDonald's and ate big macs.
 
Because everyone was gone for the week, it was pretty tough finding people this week, but with the help of the Lord we found two families really awesome!! Which ended up to be 12 new investigators in all.  The day we found them was super hard for us, we were fighting discouragement consistently but it just goes to show how the Lord blesses us after our trials and after our faith.
 
Congrats  Dal with the track meet, that is awesome. I love the pics. Way to go.
 
I love you all,
Con Muchisimo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell