Monday, May 21, 2012

I love serving my mission in Mexico City

Hola,
it has been a great week here in Mexico.  The heat is really picking up so I am pretty burnt on my face, but my arms are as dark as my Mexican companion ha ha.  I am glad to hear that you all had a good week at home.  Good job at state Dal, I am sure that you will take it next year.
 
We baptized Victor this week and it was an awesome experience.  The ward is really gathering around him.  When we got to the church before his baptism, we found the ward mission leader standing there, he said that there was no water in the church, Luckily it is a stake center so there are 2 baptismal fonts but the other one was half-way filled with dirty water and dead bugs . . . but I wasn't going to postpone Victors baptism because it was the only day his dad could make it.
 
So we went into the young men's classroom and said that we needed their help, I took off my suit jacket, rolled up my sleeves and me and my companion started filling up garbage cans with water and the boys would hall it out of the church.  We were lucky enough to finish before sacrament meeting, but I had to talk in sacrament and I had slipped in the watter a couple times, and was all wet, so I gave my talk in wet cloths, but the baptism was awesome!!!
 
This week we knocked a door of a lady that said she wasn't interested but asked if we could help her fix her TV antenna on top of her roof.  So I jump up on the wall (all houses have walls around the house in Mexico City) and then the roof.  My companion was about to jump up on the wall when I stopped him because the top of the wall was embedded with glass from broken bottles to stop anyone from climbing over the wall.  I don't know how I didn't slice my hand open because I slid my hand right against the glass with all the weight of my body.   I fixed the antenna and consider that a miracle,  I am glad to know that someone is watching out for us up there.
 
We found a really cool investigator this week.  Her name is Azucena, she is different from other investigators because she is Jewish.  We have to teach her a lot differently because she doesn't have the Christian background like almost everyone else we teach.  We asked a couple of missionaries, but not one of the other missionaries has ever taught someone who was Jewish.  Even President Chavez said that he hadn't.  She really has a deep interest to know whether this is true or not, and she is reading the Book of Mormon, and we are praying that through it, she can obtain a testimony that Jesus is the Christ, which is her biggest doubt.  I love teaching her because she always has so many questions.  Through teaching her I have come to understand Jacob 5.  And The book of Isaiah has become my new best friend!!!
 
This is one of the many reasons why I love serving my mission in Mexico City, you teach, find and meet so many different kinds of people, and there is one solution for everyone and that is Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for him and all that he did and does.
 
I love you all and hope you have an amazing week.
Con Muchísimo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

1 comment:

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell