Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Another week of Miracles

Hola,
it has been an awesome week down here full of miracles and adventure and all that good stuff.  When we were reporting to the assistants they asked us a miracles that we had witnessed this week, and they were thrown back in their chairs when they heard all that had happened.   I hope I don't forget anything.
It was a super cool week to find lots of families.  I love to teach families together, because you can see more of the picture that our heavenly father has for us.  He put us in families for a reason.
One of the families we have been teaching came to church this week, we had to run to the bathroom to blow my nose because I have a cold, and while we where gone, presidente valdespino sat and talked with them (he was president of missions two times, stake president two times, bishop two times, in the area presidency two times and lots of other stuff).  when we got back Presidente Valdespino said,  there ready to get baptized but cant do it this week because he has to go out of town but in three weeks would work for all of them. . .  I don't know what presdente said to them, but I am super excited to baptize this family and they are excited too.
Elder Rios and I are teaching really well together, there are times when we leave the lessons and we are just astonished at some of the things we have said or we begin to understand the doctrine on another level because we can see how it applies more to the lives of our investigators.
One of the people we found in the Tiangis, her name is Giorgina, she couldn't be taught in her house so we went and taught her at the church, she is really awesome, after we taught her we showed her around the Church and the relief society sisters where doing homemaking stuff.  When we walked in everyone was said Georigina!?! because they already knew her.  Then she asked the important question.  "why haven't you guys invited me before?"  The sisters where all speechless because we always ask them for references and they always say, "no Elder, I have already talked to all my neighbors and no one wants to listen" but since that moment with Giorgina we have received a bunch of references.
But the miracle that takes the cake this week was with Ruben.  We where teaching him, and the spirit was so strong.  He told us  that he will never forget the day that we knocked on his door.  that he will always be grateful for what we did.  He told us how his life for the last 3 years has just all gone down hill and that he was about to commit suicide when he heard a knock at the door, and it was us.  He said at that moment he knew god was aware of him, and that he needed to get closer to God through us.  For elder Rios and I, we have never had an experience quite like that.  I am honored that God allowed us to help him in his time of desperation.  I am grateful that we listened to the spirit to knock on his door. . . . In reality I don't think I will ever have the words to describe how grateful I am for that experience, and how grateful I am to be a missionary.
I was also reading a lot about Captain Moroni this week, because it is just super motivating,  I read it and then I tell it to elder Rios so he can be motivated and then we just try to motivate our zone, like Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty.  Life is great I really couldn't ask for more.  I can still use more white shirts though if you want to send them, and audio visual of conference would be great too, but its all good.  I am doing great. I love you all and hope that you have a great week.

Con Muchismo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell