Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It has been a wonderful week here in Mexico, filled with lots of changes.


Hola,
It has been a wonderful week here in Mexico, filled with lots of changes.  I am not sure where to begin, I believe I will start with the changing of apartments.  We couldn't find anyone with a car to help us move (taxis and metro are more commonly used for transportation purposes) so we carried everything (refrigerator, beds, couches . . . yeah we found couches!)to our new house, and luckily the rain stopped at just the right time, so none of our stuff got wet.  It was only us, the bishopric and the missionaries from the other ward.  Our ward mission leader was going to come and help with a truck, but he is like Tony Romo, when we need a play he doesn't show up . . . ha ha.
 
Great thing about the house, Carpet!  It is the only place in Mexico where I have felt carpet under my feet besides the temple.
While we were moving Elder Rios stubbed his toe, it was all black!!  He asked me what he could do to fix it.  I said I could amputate it and that's about it.  . .  so he called the President for permission to call the doctor.
So that was our first time talking to the new mission President, President Balades....He is super nice. I haven't talked to him in person but this Friday we have a meeting with him. and then Tuesday is zone conference.  I am looking forward to working with him.
 
Also, change of Mexico's President.  I don't know what is going on, I just know that Peña Nieto won and we cant go to the central because people are protesting.

I am glad to hear that all the Fuells are doing well, what more could I ask for.  I am sorry to hear about Jessika; send my love to the Swiharts.

Justin you haven't told me the thing about your mission call, tell me please.

Yes, I received Katie's announcement for graduation but still no package. About the water colors, one p-day i decided to be artistic and so we went to walmart and bought water colors and I painted a picture of the first vision.   I am super proud of it!! I have pictures of it that I am meaning to send you guys but I need to find a connection for my camera.
 
So, these last couple weeks have been hard to find people,  I have been doing everything I can because our pool of investigators is really small.  And it seemed everyday this week the contacts just got harder and harder, and less and less people said yes, until Thursday when absolutely no one said yes, and every one of our appointments fell through and it rained all day.  It was super tough and my companion was discouraged because the next day was almost the same until Friday night we went to lesson with a contact we had met in the street.  We went and knocked on his door, I think we were both kind of not expecting him to be there, but he was . . . waiting for us!
 
His name is Ruben and he said he felt like he needed what we have.  He said he has been to a lot of different churches but he hasn't "Felt it" but he felt something when we stopped and talked to him in the street.  He wanted to know where our Church was so he could attend!  but he cant until next week.
 
It was a super cool experience and it taught me that I should be diligent and not ever be discouraged because the Lord is looking out for us.
 
I love you all and am glad to hear you are doing well.  I hope that you have a safe trip to Washington.  Love you.
Con Muchisimo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell