Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Do I really talk with an accent?

Hola,
It has been an awesome week down here, and it sounds like you have all had a great week up there.  I remember that in my first year I really missed all the fall colors and stuff because here it is always in spring mode, but this year I feel normal.  I really don't think too about it much.  We don't have pumpkins here, that I have seen, so I bought some oranges and drew some faces on them ha ha.  I stay as festive as I can.  I think I am going to be a missionary for Halloween, what do you think?

I am sorry to hear about brother Warner.  He was a great man, I have a lot of memories working in his yard, planting tress, watching them die and then pulling them out again and then planting new ones in his yard in the same place!  Ha ha!!! It was a cycle that lasted for years.  I am sure he is busy working on the other side knowing him.

This week we had a leak in the house.  I was stressing out, because it was leaking a lot of water,  and I thought if only I could call Dad and talk to him he would know what to do and he could help me out. I said a quick prayer, did some stuff, and fixed it.  It was quite the miracle!!

While all of this was going on Pdte Valadez called us and asked us if we could give a training session to the members who took the missionaries to the change reunion.  It was 10 at night and the change reunion was at 9 in the morning so we planned something up rapidly and went to bed.  The training session went really well...We used the talk by Elder Nelson.  "Ask the missionaries".  It went really well and we have heard that a lot of members have put into practice what we taught.

I spent most of this week in Mirasoles, because they pulled both of the missionaries out of there and I had to show the two new missionaires the new area and help get them all organized.  It was quite the job but it went well and now they have there feet on the ground and can start working.  Yesterday the President told us that we are going to be changing a lot of things up in the mission.  That this stuff was instruction from the First Presidency.  We are going to be working a lot more with the members and we are not going to go on so many interchanges or have so many training sessions.  He said he feels that everyone now is a lot more aware of the things they need to do.  I was so excited for this change!! Even though these last couple months have been super difficult doing all that stuff, I have learned so much and I know I am going to value it for all my life!!  We have 4 new zone leaders after this last cambio (change).  I feel bad that they didn't or don't get to have this opportunity but its all good. 

I am glad to hear that you are all doing well.  Do I really talk with a Mexican accent? (He asked this question cause this past week we got a tape with Joe speaking to us) (AND yes, he has quite the accent and had a hard time speaking in English.  It was great to hear his voice.....We all enjoyed it so much!)


Con muchísimo amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell