Monday, October 15, 2012

Everything is perfect here!

 The Oillataguerre`s ( A senior couple who serves in Mexico City with the missionaries) and Joe

Hola,
Wow, what a week here in Mexico! It has been really hot, and I am a little burnt but still not as burnt as my companion ha ha.  First off neither I nor my companion have changes. I will be staying here for 5 more weeks minimum, because my companion goes home this change.  I will probably be here until December.  This will be 6 months in this area.  I had 6 monts on the other side of the metro and now six months on this side of the metro ha ha.

Well Elder Stauffer and I started to change a lot of things because we needed more time to work in our area, so we adjusted our schedule and we had a very good week in the area and in the zone.
Wednesday I went on intercambios(exchanges) with Elder Ruiz from Chihuahua.  It was really fun.  He is a really good elder, really serious, so I helped him to liven up a bit and we had a good time working our area.  We put a baptismal date with Kristina.  She is awesome!!!  She has a lot of trials in her life right now' she is getting divorced and her kids are doing bad things but she has found a lot of hope through the gospel for herself and her family.

I was told to open my mouth.....How am I doing?

Thursday my companion and I worked together and we found this other Christian guy named Angel.  He is super ready to receive the gospel.  He invited us in and had lots of questions for us, about Joseph smith and prophets.  We had given him a pamphlet and he had read through it two times before we came to visit him.  It was pretty cool, and his wife made us sandwiches too.  He says he feels like he should pray to God, to know if this is true, I am pretty sure he has already done it.  We have an appointment with him on Thursday.

I went on intercambios with Elder Stevens from Spanish Fork Utah.  He is a real cowboy and has lots of cows in Utah.  He was a lot of fun to work with and we found a lot of new people that day.

Friday night we had a zone meeting where we talked about the difference of "being a missionary" and "going on a mission".  It went really well and I believe the elders left edified. 

Saturday I worked in Iztapalapa, the center of the center, with Elder Cruz.  It is one of the best areas in the mission.  We taught this crazy guy..... I am serious he was pretty crazy!  At one point I thought he was going to kill us and at another point I thought he was going to kiss us.  We left at the high point of the lesson so I hope he progresses.

This week we had our last zone meeting of district leaders of the change. Elder Brito shared his testimony.  I am going to miss him a ton.  It always feels weird when one of my companion goes home.  I am going to miss him a ton, we had a lot of fun together.  Elder Brito thought that I would have changes too so he brought a family from Mirasoles who wanted to say good bye to me.  They gave me a cool cowboy shirt with two roosters fighting on the front and back, it is pretty dang cool.

Everything is perfect here!! I am glad to hear that you are all doing well, thanks for the letter, they´re always great.  have a great week,
Con Muchísimo Amor,
Elder Joe Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell