Monday, November 28, 2011

No reason to be discouraged!!

Hola,
I am so sorry to hear that you all got sick over Thanksgiving.  That sounds horrible!! A  doctor in the ward just gave us all pre-flu medication, so I hope I don't catch anything.  To tell you the truth, my thanksgiving wasn't much better, neither was this week.  This week was one of the hardest weeks of my mission.  Every appointment cancelled, every door we knocked was slammed in our face and ever contact in the street just kept on walking.  It was horrible.  We got to about Thursday night, and we were both bummed out and I have never seen Elder Luna so discouraged.  He said this is the hardest area he has ever been in and he has no idea what to do.  I felt so bad to see him like that. I refused to be discouraged and tried to boost him up.  So it was eight at night and our appointments had cancelled again, so I said lets go find someone!!.  So we were walking down this busy road. and my companion tried and got rejected, and we kept walking a little further. My companion said lets go home, there is nothing for us here.  I said a little prayer in my heart and right before we turned to go to our house I saw someone walking on the other side of the street with an ipod in and his hoody up.  I chased him down and told him that we had something really important for him.  He was kind of scared at first because he thought we where going to jump him and take his money.  But when he found out we where Mormon missionaries, he got really excited and said that he is a professor at UAM. He said that one of his students is Mormon, that they gave him a Book of Mormon and he had been reading it.  He pulled it from his bag, he had marked it up better than the best seminary student.  He had a ton of questions for us, and then I told him that it was a coincidence that we had met and he had a Book of Mormon in his bag and all these questions.  It turns out that he usually doesn't even walk that way home, but felt like switching things up.  The sad thing is that Abraham, the person we contacted, is not in our area so we had to give him to the other missionaries. Which is cool for the other missionaries.  The guy was cool.  After  we had talked with him, I punched my companion in the shoulder, and said, "This is real, the church is true, so we have no reason to be discouraged." It was awesome and we were both way happy even though he went to another area and the rest of the week was extremely difficult (living proof of Alma chapter 26 verse 27 read it.)
I love you all. Get well
 
Con muchismo amor
Elder Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Joe Fuell

Elder Joe Fuell